500g piece of Aquna Murray Cod (filleted, pin boned, skinned and cut into 4cam pieces)
1/4 cup of canola oil
1 x bunch rapini (also known as broccoli)
1/2 bunch of green chard (or other sweet leafy vegetable)
2 x birds eye chilli
2 x cloves of garlic
1 x thumb of ginger
1 x tbsp sesame oil
1 x tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp dark soy
1/4 cup of water
20g toasted sesame seeds
- Wash and prepare the greens and cut into large pieces. Be sure to keep all stems, this gives the stir fry a nice crunch and has the best flavour!
- Thinly slice the chilli, garlic and ginger and reserve 1/2 of the chilli for garnish.
- In a large wok, add canola oil and bring to temperature over high heat (the oil should simmer thoroughly when adding ingredients).
- Add fish pieces and shallow fry for 30 seconds. Remove from wok and strain off the oil into a prepared bowl with a metal strainer.
- Add 1tbsp of canola oil to the wok again over high heat.
- Add chilli, garlic and ginger and cook for 20 seconds. Be careful not to burn.
- Add the chopped greens and toss quickly.
- Add water and keep on high heat for 1 minute to allow the vegetables to steam.
- Once the water has evaporated and the greens are soft, add sesame oil, oyster sauce, fish sauce and dark soy, toss thoroughly again.
- Add fish back to the wok (do not add the used oil from the initial fry).
- Taste and adjust seasoning according to taste.
- Place in a serving bowl.
- Add sesame seeds and remaining fresh chilli.
- Serve with white rice.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE