Steamed Aquna Cod wrapped in nasturtium, confit tomatoes and beetroot dashi
2 x 150g portions of skin off Aqua Murray Cod, filleted, pin boned and portioned
2 x nasturtium leaves
10 x large cherry tomatoes
200ml olive oil
1 x sprig of thyme
1 x piece of dried Kombu (seaweed)
20 g katsubobushi (dried bonito flakes)
1 x large fresh beetroot
- Soak the kombu in the chilled water for 2 hours.
- Juice the fresh beetroot with a juicer, set juice aside.
- Place water and kombu in a medium pot and bring to the simmer, remove kombu just as the water begins to simmer. Note: do not boil as it will create bitter flavours and lose its delicacy.
- Add katsuobushi and remove from the heat. Allow to stand for five minutes and then pass through a fine mesh strainer.
- Add beetroot juice and taste (roughly 100ml).
CONFIT CHERRY TOMATOES
- Score the cherry tomatoes with a paring knife (make a small cross on the bottom of each tomato) and blanch for 15 seconds in boiling water, add tomatoes to iced water to chill.
- Remove skin.
- In a small saucepan heat olive oil unit 60 degrees.
- Add tomatoes and thyme to the oil keep at 60 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the oil.
- Heat a medium pot with a bamboo steamer on top.
- Wrap each fish portion with the nasturtium leaf making sure to tuck the excess of the leaf underneath the fish.
- Place fish on greaseproof paper and steam for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Place cooked fish in a bowl.
- Place two confit cherry tomatoes around the fish.
- Pour 50ml of the beetroot dash in a small pouring vessel.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE