Smoked Aquna Murray Cod, buckwheat blinis, crème fraiche
1 x 250g piece of smoked Aquna Murray cod
200g crème fraiche
50g unsalted butter (for cooking)
100g plain flour
35g buckwheat flour
125g milk (warm)
80g sour cream
1 egg yolk
7g fresh yeast
50g cooked potato (cooked and passed through a potato ricer)
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk all wet ingredients until well combined.
- Gently mix in dry mixture into wet without making lumps.
- Fold through cooked potato.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and place in a warm part of the kitchen to allow the mixture to double.
- Heat a large, heavy-based fry pan over a medium-low heat and add a tablespoon of butter.
- Add a spoon of the mixture into the pan. Cook over a medium to low heat until bubbles begin to appear on the top of the blinis.
- Turn the blinis and cook for a further 1 minute or until golden brown. Repeat (you can cook 3 or 4 blinis in the pan at the same time).
- Slice the fish into slices.
- Spoon the crème fraiche onto the blinis.
- Add a slice of the smoked Aquna Murray cod.
- Garnish with some fresh herbs.
PREP: 30 MINUTES
COOK: 20 MINUTES
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE