1 x 250g piece of smoked Aquna Murray cod
10 x large cherry tomatoes
1 x handful of butter lettuce
1 x ripe avocado
5 x chat potatoes
1 x bunch of asparagus
100g pistachio kernels
- Boil the chat potatoes (whole and skin on) in salted water until tender.
- Strain from water and allow to cool, once cool cut the potatoes in half.
- Panfry in a small frying pan (cut side down) with good quality olive oil to get a nice golden colour – set aside.
- Clean and trim the tail ends off the asparagus, panfry with olive oil until tender, season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Clean and cut the cherry tomatoes in half, set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed. Remove the flesh with a large dessertspoon, set aside.
- In a small saucepan add sugar and water.
- On a small tray, warm the pistachio kernels in an oven.
- Heat over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Keep heating until a light caramel forms (be careful not to burn).
- Add warm pistachios to sugar and quickly stir so the sugar coats the pistachios.
- Cool on a tray. Once cool, blitz slightly in a food processor to resemble a rough crumb.
- Cut the smoked fish into large chunks.
- Starting with the lettuce, add all prepared ingredients to a bowl.
- Place fish on top and add a good drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Finish with a generous sprinkle of the pistachio crumb.
PREP: 30 MINUTES
COOK: 20 MINUTES
SERVES: 2 PEOPLE
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE