2 x 500g Aquna Murray Cod fillets (skin off, pin boned)
1 x bunch fresh radish
100ml white wine vinegar
1 x bay leaf
1 sprig of thyme
4 x juniper berries
- Remove tops of the radish and clean well.
- Cut in half and place in a good quality plastic container.
- In a small saucepan, heat the pickle ingredients until sugar and salt have dissolved.
- Pour warm mixture over radishes. Make sure the radishes are submerged in the pickle liquid.
- Allow to pickle for at least 48 hours. May be kept for up to one month.
- Soak wood chips in water for 15 minutes.
- In a smoker, light the charcoal and leave lid on until the temperature is 120 – 130°C.
- Place the wood chips over the charcoal and place the fish inside the smoker making sure that there is no direct heat from the charcoal hitting the fish.
- Smoke fish for 15 – 20 minutes while keeping an eye on the temperature (needs to stay at 120 – 130°C).
- Remove fish and allow to rest for a couple of minutes.
- Remove radish from the pickling liquid.
- Place smoked fish on a serving platter and place pickles with the fish.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE