1 x 1.5kg whole Aquna Murray Cod, gutted and scaled
1 x lemon
1 x orange
6 cups fine sea salt
5 egg whites
- Fill the belly cavity with sliced lemon, orange and fennel fronds.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, combine salt, egg whites and water. Mix well until the consistency of wet sand (you may need to add more water).
- In a large baking dish, place a thin layer of the salt along the bottom of the tray.
- Place the fish on the bed of salt and cover the fish entirely with wet salt.
- Bake in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes or until the internal temperature is 60°C.
- With a knife or large wooden spoon, crack the set layer of salt.
- Peel back the covering salt layer and discard.
- Remove the flesh from the top side of the fish.
- With a spatula, flip the fish over and continue to remove the rest of the flesh.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE