Aquna cod croquettes
1kg Aquna Murray Cod fillets (skin off)
5 x cloves of garlic
50ml olive oil (plus extra for cooking)
1kg potato (peeled and quartered)
Zest of 2 lemons
2 whole eggs (lightly whipped)
100g plain flour
250g bread crumbs
200ml vegetable oil to cook
- Cut Aquna Murray Cod into 3cm x 3cm pieces and place in a large bowl. Add cure mix and mix well.
- Lay fish out in a large tray (non-reactive) and place in the fridge for 20 min.
- Gently wash the fish pieces with cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Place the fish onto a large tray (non-reactive) and leave uncovered in the fridge (close to the fan) for 12 hours *this is very important to draw as much moisture out of the fish as possible.
- Boil potatoes until soft.
- Pass through a vegetable mouli or potato masher and keep aside.
- In a large casserole pot sweat the garlic with a little olive oil until soft.
- Add the cured Murray Cod and cook for one minute.
- Add milk and cook for 15 minutes on medium heat or until the fish starts to flake apart.
- Strain the fish away from the liquid and reserve the liquid.
- In a food processor, add 1/3 of the cooked fish and blend on medium speed, add olive oil and slowly add reserved cooking liquid until a paste consistency.
- In a large bowl mix cooked fish, processed fish, cooked potato and lemon zest.
- Shape into small croquettes and place on a tray in the fridge to cool and firm up.
- Place eggs, flour and bread crumbs in three separate bowls.
- Working in small batches place croquettes in first the flour, then the egg mix and then finally the bread crumbs to get a nice coating on each croquette.
- Pan fry croquettes in vegetable oil until golden brown.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE