2 x Aquna Cod fillets (skinned and pinboned)
Sea Salt to taste
Lemon wedges (to serve)
6 x large Sebago potatoes
Vegetable oil for frying
350mL warm water
8g fresh yeast
200g plain flour
- Peel and cut potatoes into chips size (roughly 1cm x 1cm x 8cm).
- Place under running cold water for 30 min to remove starch.
- Place chips in a medium pot covered with cold salted water and bring to the simmer over a medium heat. Cook for 15 – 20 minutes or until tender and just breaking apart.
- Carefully place chips onto a drying rack and place uncovered in the fridge (near the fan) to dry out for at least 2 hours.
- Heat vegetable oil to 180’C and fry chips for 6 – 8 minutes or until golden and crunchy.
- Dry on paper towel then serve.
- Whisk water and yeast together in a large bowl.
- Add flour and whisk well.
- Cover with cling wrap and place in a warm spot for one hour or until doubled in size.
- Get your fishmonger to fillet, pin bone and skin the Murray Cod.
- Cut each fillet into 5cm strips and season with salt.
- Dip each fish portion in the yeast batter and fry at 180’C for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Dry on paper towel and season with sea salt.
- Serve with chips and lemon wedges.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE