200g of Aquna Murray Cod (filleted, pin boned, skinned and cut into 1cm pieces)
400g spaghetti (best quality you can buy)
3 x cloves of garlic
3 x small red chilli (birds eye)
1 x sprig of continental parsley
100g good quality olive oil
salt to taste
- Bring 5L of water to the boil in a large saucepan, season with salt to your taste.
- Peel garlic, cut in half and remove the small germ that sits in the middle of the garlic (this has bitter characteristics).
- Slice the remaining garlic into thin slices.
- Thinly slice the chilli. Leave the seeds if you like spice!
- Thinly slice the parsley.
- Add pasta to the boiling water and cook as per packet instructions.
- In a large pan, add half the olive oil, all the chilli and garlic.
- Cook over low heat until garlic softens and the chilli becomes fragrant. Do not allow garlic to burn.
- Once the garlic has softened add 50ml of hot pasta water to the pan (this needs to be near the end of cooking of the pasta – timing is everything!) The starchy pasta water will help create a smooth sauce.
- Add chopped Murray cod to the sauce.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss thoroughly to create the sauce.
- You should continue to cook over medium heat for at least one minute with the pasta in the sauce. Note: it should begin a little runny and thicken as the pasta thickens and soaks up the sauce.
- Add remaining olive oil and chopped parsley, stir thoughtfully and check seasoning.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE