1 x 500g fillet Aqua Murray Cod, cleaned and pin boned*
Fresh shies leaves
1 x daikon
10 x whole Australian native pepper berries
- Make sure your fillet is as fresh as possible and bought from a reliable fishmonger.
- Mix the salt and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Remove the skin from the fish and lightly coat both sides of the fillet with the salt mixture, place on a non-reactive tray and cover with cling wrap.
- Place the fish in the fridge for two hours to lightly cure.
- Wash off the cure with cold running water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Working on a slight angle, thinly slice the fish making sure to make single clean cuts.
- Thinly slice the daikon with a vegetable turner.
- Pick the shiso leaves.
- Crush the mountain pepper with a mortar and pestle.
- Place the daikon and fish on a small plate.
- Garnish with shies herbs.
- Sprinkle the freshly ground mountain pepper.
- Serve straight away.
*Please note: as this recipe calls for uncooked fish, please make sure your fish is purchased from a reliable fishmonger and is handled correctly. It is advisable for people at high risk to not eat raw fish.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE