200g of Aquna Hot Smoked Murray Cod (skinned and cut into 1cm pieces)
500g Sebago potatoes
50ml good quality olive oil
250g chèvre style soft goats cheese
200g white onion, finely diced
50g butter at room temperature
50g good quality hazelnuts, roasted lightly and grated
50g grated pecorino
375g of flour
175g whole egg
50ml warm water
- Add together flour and semolina in a bowl, place onto a clean bench in a pile and make a well in the middle of the flour.
- Whisk together eggs and pour into the middle of the well.
- Slowly incorporate flour into eggs with a fork without breaking the wall of the well.
- Once thick enough to hold together, begin kneading all together with your hands.
- You may need a drop of water to get the consistency – this dough should not be really wet.
- Knead until the dough is smooth and wrap in cling film.
- Allow dough to rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Peel and cut potatoes.
- Place in a medium pot and cover with cold water, season with salt.
- Cook over medium heat until soft, strain into a colander.
- Pass through a potato ricer or a fine mesh drum sieve.
- Add olive oil, pecorino and chopped Aqua Hot Smoked Murray Cod.
- Allow to cool completely in the fridge.
- To make the ravioli, roll out the pasta dough with a machine until you obtain a very thin sheet. You should roll the dough through many times, decreasing the width of the pasta little by little.
- Spoon the filling onto the rolled sheet about 10cm apart, leave half of the sheet empty so you can fold this over the top of the filling.
- With some water and your finger, wet the dough around each spoonful of filling.
- Fold over the empty side of the sheet pasta, smoothing out around each lump of filling to remove any air with your fingers.
- Using a pastry-cutting ring, cut out each piece of paste where the filling is, you should have at least 1-2cm of flat pasta surrounding each filling.
- Place on a tray with a good coating of flour underneath to stop the pasta sticking.
GOATS CHEESE SAUCE
- In a small saucepan, place goats cheese and water.
- Heat over low heat stirring with a small whisk until nice and smooth.
- Bring 5L of water to the boil, season with salt.
- Add fresh ravioli to the boiling water and cook for 4-6 minutes, depending on how thick the pasta was made.
- Strain off ravioli and place in a large bowl with the softened butter.
- Spoon cheese sauce onto a flat plate.
- Place the warm ravioli on top of the sauce.
- Spoon the remaining butter over the ravioli.
- Spoon the grated hazelnuts over the top of the ravioli and garnish with a herb.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE