200g piece of Aquna Murray Cod (filleted, pin boned, skinned and cut into 2cm pieces)
750g Sebago potatoes
160g whole egg
Canola oil for frying
- Peel and cut potatoes.
- Place in a medium pot and cover with cold water, season with salt.
- Cook over medium heat until soft, strain into a colander.
- Pass through a potato ricer or a fine mesh drum sieve.
- Weigh 450g of cooked potato and set aside.
- In a small frypan, heat some canola oil.
- Saute the fish pieces in two batches. Cook until the fish just starts to fall apart.
- Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk over a medium heat until just simmering.
- Add flour and stir quickly until a dough forms, continue to cook over a low heat until it starts to leave a light film on the bottom of the pan and pulls away evenly from the sides.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix in the weighed cooked potato.
- Mix in the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Add the cooked fish.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Heat the canola oil in a small deep fryer to 180 degrees.
- Spoon 1tbsp of mixture into the hot oil and cook until lightly golden. Continue to turn the doughnut to cook it evenly.
- Place doughnuts on a tray with a drying rack.
- Once you have cooked the batch, place the doughnuts in the over for 3-4 minutes to finish cooking and prevent doughy centre.
- Garnish with some fresh herbs.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE