- Work type: Full-time
- Location: Griffith & Leeton area
Our Aquaculture attendants are imperative to our business, ensuring we have optimal health and quality of our product on a day-to-day basis. You will enjoy working in an outdoor environment in this hands-on role, on one of our production farms in the Griffith/Leeton region, on a full-time basis.
Roles and responsibilities
- load auto feeders/retrieve wasted feed and mortalities
- lift and clean nets
- assist with harvest operations
- conduct health checks, identify health issues (use of microscope)
- perform water quality sampling/testing and interpret results
- determine feeding rates of fish from observation of behaviour
- carry out general housekeeping and maintenance on machinery, equipment and sites
- identify abnormal fish behaviour
- maintain accurate data records in software (feed rates/ mortality/treatments)
- move, grade, weigh fish
- perform other duties as required
- providing advice on breeding selection and techniques
Preferred Skills and attributes
- Strong work ethic with an attention to detail
- Certificate 3 in Aquaculture or animal husbandry (highly regarded but not necessary)
- Ability to perform manual work (physically fit)
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Good observation and communication skills
- 1+ years’ experience within the aquaculture industry (desirable)
- Driver’s license
- ChemCert (highly regarded but not necessary)
- Forklift license (highly regarded but not necessary)
- Experience in animal production and/or farming favourable
- Available for weekend work and overtime as required
Show us your commitment and what you have – we are a growing business!
We are structured to provide adequate training and support to allow the successful candidate to establish themselves and then perform strongly going forward.
You are able to contact us via the details below if you would like to know more about the role prior to submitting an application.
The successful applicant must be wiling to complete a pre-employment physical, drug and alcohol test and a swimming assessment.
Our business is progressive and understands the value of good staff so we are prepared to offer a competitive salary. Please submit a cover letter with resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Matt on 0438 184 643.